An API is an acronym for the Application Program Interface, which refers to protocols, tools, and routines that have been set to help in the development of software. It dictates the manner in which different components of the software may interact. A good API should assist a software developer to make building blocks that support the making of the software. Learn more about wix
Key Features of Magento APIs
The framework that these APIs use helps developers and integrators of the Magento system to find a way to communicate with the Magento system over web services. Magneto APIs have different functional features including:
- Magento is software that is known to support two major web APIs. These are the SOAP (Simple Optimization Access Protocol) and REST (Representational State Transfer).
- The system can’t be used for web hooks since it has a framework that’s characterized by the search and CRUD (Create, Read, Update, and Delete) method.
- The Magento APIs have adapters and handlers. The role of handlers is to expose the methods used in the adapter to instantiate the API library. On the other hand, the purpose of the adapter is to instantiate the handling of the API, and the Magento response the object receives for the output.
- The APIs require different kinds of authentication depending on the user. Tokens are used to authenticate mobile applications, and login credentials help to authenticate administrators and customers whereas Oath 1.0a. authenticates third-party applications.
- In order to ensure that the mobile bandwidth is conserved, the web API responses have field filtering support.
- A few XML lines and a web API can be used to configure any third-party or Magento service.
- Build your own ecommerce website
What Are the Uses of the Magento Web APIs?
Various tasks, as seen below, require the use of Magento web APIs.
- Magento Web APIs are needed in the creation of a shopping app that can be easily accessed using a mobile device.
- Magento Web APIs help employees to market a company’s goods and services better.
- Magento Web APIs can also be employed in the integration of back-end systems such as ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) or with CRM (Customer Relationship Management).
- Another one of the most common uses of the Magento web APIs is the integration of a CMS (Content Management System). This is of high importance to most companies even though Magento does not support content tagging.Change Template